Ph.D., Texas A&M University, U.S.A., 1989
1. Choi, H. S., "Behavior of Marine Pipelines under Seismic Faults," Ocean Engineering, Vol. 27, No. 5, pp. 473-487, 2000.
2. Choi, H. S., "Conceptual Design of the Next Generation J-Lay System," International Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 1-9, 1999.
3. Choi, H. S., "Characteristic of Ultra-Deep Water Pipelay Analysis," Offshore Technology Conference, paper10710, pp. 1-6, 1999.
4. Choi, H. S., "Deepwater Pipelay Analysis," The Journal of Offshore Technology, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 18-20, 1999.
5. Choi, H. S., "Large Diameter Pipeline Installation in Ultra-Deepwater by J-Lay Method," International Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, Vol. 1 No. 1, pp. 1-9, 1998.
Design Consultant, R. J. Brown Deepwater Inc., U.S.A. (2000-Present)
Design Consultant, Samsung Heavy Industry, Korea (1999-2000)
Principal Engineer, McDermott Engineering, Huoston, U.S.A. (1992-1998)
Research Engineer, Intec Engineering, U.S.A. (1990-1992)
Researcher, Ocean Drilling Programs, U.S.A. (1984-1986)
Professional Societies & Activities
Member, ISOPE, KCORE, SNAK
Editor, International Journal of Ocean Enginnering and Technology (1999-Present)
Director, Korea Committee for Ocean Resources and Engineering (1999-Present)
Honors and Awards
Paper Award, Korea Committee for Ocean Resources and Engineering, Korea (1999)
International Joint Research & Activities
Design Consultant, R. J. Brown Deepwater Inc., U.S.A.