Biological Hydrogen Production with Utilization of CO and Organic Wastes
Treatment of VOCs and Gaseous Sulfur Compounds by Biofiltration
Analysis of Microbial Population Dynamics in Wastewater and Waste Gas Treatment
Ph.D., University of California, U.S.A., 1988
1. Park, S. H., "Monitoring of Specific Methanogenic Activity of Granular Sludge by Confocal Laser Scanning Microscopy," Biotechnology Letter, Vol. 22, pp. 1591-1596, 2000.
2. Park, S. H., "A New Chemoheterotrophic Bacterium Catalyzing Water-Gas Shift Reaction," Biotechnology Letter, Vol. 21, pp. 869-873, 1999.
3. Park, S. H., "Isolation and Characterization of Rhodopseudomonas Palustris P4 Which Utilizes CO with the Production of H2," Biotechnology Letter, Vol. 21, pp. 525-529, 1999.
4. Park, S. H., "Growth Rate and Yield of a Methanotrophic Bacterium Methylosinus Trichosporium OB3b," Korean Journal of Biotechnology and Bioengineering, Vol. 13, No. 4, 1998.
5. Park, S. H., "Purification and Characterization of a Novel Fibrinolytic Enzyme from Bacillus sp. KA38 Originated from Fermented Fish," Journal of Fermentation and Bioengineering, Vol. 84, No. 4, pp. 307-312, 1997.
Lecturer, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, Pusan National University (1991-Present)
Post-Doctoral Research Scientist, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, U.S.A. (1988-1991)
Research Engineer, CKD Pharmaceutical Co., Korea (1982-1984)
Professional Societies & Activities
Member, KIBB, ASM
Secretary General, Korean Society for Biotechnology and Bioengineering (1996-1997)
Secretary General, Evaluation Committee for Ministry of Education, Biochemical Engineering Research (1996-1998)
Member of Advisory Committee, R&D Management Center for Energy and Resources (1993-Present)
Honors and Awards
Joint Research with Professor Nick Ashbolt of University of New South Wales, Australia
Research Project in Treatment of Textile Wastewater Supported by ARC and KOSEF (1997-1999)
International Joint Research & Activities