Joining Science & Engineering, Physical Metallurgy
Interfacial Bonding Process
Welding Metallurgy for Superalloy, Special Metal
Alloying Design for Welding and Bonding Materials
Ph.D., Osaka University, Japan, 1989
1. Park, T. W., and Kang, C. Y., "The Effects of PWHT on the Toughness of Weld HAZ in Cu Containing HSLA-100 Steel," ISIJ International, Vol. 40, Supplement, pp. 49-53, 2000.
2. Kim, S. H., Kang, C. Y., and Bang, K. S., "Microstructural Characterization of Electron Beam Weldeds in 9% Ni Steel," Microstructural Science, Vol. 26, ASM, pp. 455-460, 1998.
3. Kang, C. Y., North, T. H., and Perovic, D. D., "Microstructural Features of Friction Welded MA956 Superalloy Material," Metallurgical and Materials Transaction A, Vol. 27A, pp. 4019-4029, 1996.
4. Kang C. Y., and Nakao, Y. K., "Newly Development in Transient Liquid Insert Metal Diffusion Bonding Using Alloying Powder," Quaterly Journal of Japan Welding Society, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp. 62-68, 1991.
5. Kang C. Y., and Nakao. Y., "Analysis of Isothemal Solidification Process in TLIM Diffusion Bonding Bonding," Quaterly Journal of Japan Welding Society, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 47-53, 1989.
Research Fellowship, Department of Production Engineering, Osaka University, Japan (1997)
Research Fellowship, Department of Metallurgy & Material Science, Toronto University, Canada (1992-1993)
Professor, Department of Metallurgical Engineering, Pusan National University, Korea (1989-Present)
Professional Societies & Activities
Senior Member, The Japan Welding Society, The Korean Welding Society
Editor-in-Vice Chief, The Korean Welding Society (1999-2000)
Technical Director, The Korean Welding Society, Japan (2001-Present)
Honors and Awards
Paper Prize, Japan Welding Society (1993)
Paper Prizer, Korean Welding Society (1996)
Paper Prize, The Korean Federation of Science and Technology Society (1997)
International Joint Research & Activities
Joint Research with Professor Nishimoto, Osaka University